Welcome to Union Holiday –
Presented by TD!
Celebrate the holidays at the gateway to Toronto. Skate for free on Front street.
Skate rentals and lessons provided by Union and TD.
When is the skating rink open?
Days of operation:
November 29, 2019 – January 4, 2019
We will be closed Christmas Day
Hours of Operation:
Open Daily (weather permitting)
Sunday to Wednesday: 11am-7pm
Thursday to Saturday: 11am-9pm
Free Skating Lessons:
Union Beats on Ice Sponsored by TD:
Friday & Saturdays: 5pm-9pm
DJ’s will be mixing live from rinkside to amplify the skating experience.
What if I don't know how to skate?
If patrons do not know how to ice skate or require a refresher, Union Holiday-Presented by TD is offering two free lessons per day held by Skate Canada Certified Coaches. Lessons are offered on a first come first served basis.
Free skating lessons daily at 12 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.
Learn to Skate Program
About the Learn to Skate Program.
- Union Holiday-Presented by TD is pleased to offer free skating lessons twice a day by Skate Canada Certified Coaches.
- Lessons will begin at 12:00 pm and 4:00 p.m daily. Each lesson will be approximately 1 hr in length.
- Lessons are offered on a first come first served basis. No pre-registration is required. Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the lesson to get ready.
- Lessons will be capped at 20 patrons
- Lessons are open to the public and for all skill levels. Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- Patrons using the Rink do so at their own risk and voluntarily assume the inherent risks associated with ice skating; these include, but are not limited to:
- Injuries from collisions or contact with other individuals on the ice surface
- Injuries from falls
What do I need to bring for free skate rentals?
To participate in the free skate rental program, patrons will be required to sign a waiver and provide a government-issued identification card.
Free Skate Rentals
Unique to Toronto, ice skates will be provided for free at Union Holiday-Presented by TD. Please note that there are limited skate rentals available and will be handed out on a first come first serve basis.
- Ice skates and helmets can be rented for a one-hour time limit. If the ice rink is not busy, patrons will be permitted to re-sign their rented gear for additional time.
- Patrons will be asked to provide their government issued identification card as a deposit and will also be required to sign a waiver before ice skates and/or helmet are issued. Your identification will be returned when the ice skates and/or helmet are returned.
- Ice skates and/or helmets must remain on the Union Holiday-Presented by TD footprint at all times.
- In order to close on time in the evenings, the last rentals will be offered one hour before closing.
- The rental booth carries skates in the following sizes:
- Toddler skate’s sizes 8-12 (adjustable skates)
- Children’s skate’s sizes 1-6 (adjustable skates)
- Men’s skate’s sizes 7-13
- Women’s skate’s sizes 6-11
- CSA approved Helmets of various sizes
Can I bring my own skates?
All patrons are also welcome to bring their own skates
Is there a maximum capacity?
The ice rink has a maximum capacity. We invite patrons to wait in our Best Buy Warming Lounge area or to enjoy a beverage on site. When the ice rink is at capacity, patrons will be limited to a maximum one hour skate time. A one-on/one-off policy will be in effect and if you leave the ice surface, you will be required to wait in line to return on the ice.
It is recommended that patrons check with ice rink staff before use of any assistive devices so that staff can monitor and assist where possible.
Please note: only non-motorized wheelchairs are permitted on the ice.
Support persons will be allowed on the ice only if they are wearing skates.
Service animals are not permitted on the ice for the safety of the animal and other patrons using the rink.