A weekend of pop-up dance performances at Union Station’s West Wing to celebrate Toronto’s next-generation artists the coming of Spring
MAY 27 & 28
We have once again collaborated with our partners at Fall for Dance North for a springtime event, what we are calling – INFLORESCENCE. A word that beautifully sums up our springtime presentation, featuring emerging Toronto dance artists.
INFLORESCENCE is a free dance event in two parts. We will present in-person performances on Saturday, May 27 and Sunday, May 28 featuring The National Ballet of Canada RBC Apprentices and Ballet Creole and next generation dance artists from Toronto Metropolitan University Performance at the Creative School, York University School of the Arts, Media, Performance & Design and Canada’s National Ballet School RBC Apprentices. Plus – digital programming that includes three original Instacommissions directed by Toronto Dance Theatre’s Artistic Director Andrew Tay. During the live activations in Union’s West Wing, come experience dance in an open studio atmosphere, where you can watch performances and have the opportunity to observe dancers warm up and prepare to go on stage. This is your chance to get close to some of the best dancers our city has to offer during a spring weekend with your friends and families, both locally and globally.
There will be limited seating for in-person performances. Please arrive early, first come, first serve.
Saturday May 27
– 11:30am – 12:45pm: National Ballet of Canada RBC Apprentices, Company Warm-Up
– 2:00pm – 3:00pm: National Ballet of Canada RBC Apprentices
– 5:00pm – 6:00m: National Ballet of Canada RBC Apprentices (same repertoire)
Sunday May 28
– 12:00pm – 1:00pm: TMU, York University, NBS Dancer Warm-Up
– 2:00pm – 3:00pm: Student Showcase, performances by TMU School of Performance, AMPD at York University and Canada’s National Ballet School RBC Apprentices
– 5:00pm – 5:45pm: Ballet Creole, Company Warm-Up
– 6:00pm – 7:00pm: Ballet Creole
Learn more here!